About the Commuter Program
Our Commuter Program is a 3 week Workshop running from July 21 through August 11, 2013. You have a choice of either Morning (9am - 1pm) or Evening (6pm - 10pm) sessions as well as private voice lessons and additional optional classes offered each weekday afternoon. Voice lessons and additional optional classes are not included in the Commuter Program fee.
The Commuter Program gives the student the opportunity to perform in a live production of IN THE HEIGHTS before a public audience, work with a team of teacher/specialists and explore the distinctive challenges of the musical theatre genre through survey work with songs, characterizations, vocal work and choreography.
Audition Requirements for Commuter Students
Auditions will be held on Sunday, June 2, 2013 from 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm and on Monday, June 3, 2013 from 5:30 pm to 9 pm.
How to get to the auditions: Click here to download a campus map.
Bring to the audition:
- Song excerpt and monologue, prepared and memorized, from among the choices that will be sent to you by May 1, 2013.
if you are unable to make the auditions in person, you may provide your audition material on DVD or VHS, as follows:
- Song excerpt and monologue, prepared and memorized, from among the choices that will be sent to you by May 1, 2013. Must include piano accompaniment of audition music.
- Include additional musical theater selection of your choice. Must include piano accompaniment of audition music.
- If you have dance experience, include a one-minute sample of movement or dance representative of skill level (include pirouettes, jumps and any type of acrobatic movements).
- Record audition performances on a standard full-size VHS tape or standard DVD-r.
- Label the recording with your name and the words "Musical theater Workshop" (due by May 15, 2013).
New!! Come learn how to be an Assistant Stage Manager!
Three-week intensive musical theater workshop . Choice of two sessions:
- Morning (9 a.m.-1 p.m.) or
- Evening (6-10 p.m.)
A fully staged production of In The Heights in Watters Theater at Binghamton University (each session has its own production, culminating with two performances) . HANDS-ON training with a professional stage manager. LIMITED SPACE AVAILABLE!
Interviews scheduled upon registration.
Commuter Program Registration and Tuition
- A deposit of $100 is required to hold your registration and audition. The second payment of $175 is due by June 17, 2013, and the final payment of $150 is due by July 16, 2013.
- Full refunds will be made for cancellations by June 16, 2013. Cancellation after June 16, 2013, will forfeit $100 deposit. Persons who fail to cancel or attend forfeit the entire fee. If the program is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment, all persons are notified and all fees will be refunded in full.
Last Updated: 2/17/13